Engine Company 274 Queens

Engine Company 274 was organized as Engine 174 on December 1, 1908.

Engine 174 was later reorganized to Engine 274 on January 1, 1913.

Robert Mitts, a great fire photographer, has had a long term relationship with the members of Engine Company 274.

He has dedicated much of his time and efforts into capturing the true spirit and hardships that the members of F.D.N.Y. face each day.

by: DONALD VAN HOLT (Ladder 103 / Engine 216 / Ladder 108 Retired, 1983)

[Return to Main page]